Fink - This Is The Thing

Sunday, January 18, 2015 Of Minds & Mixtapes | Zaheera 0 Comments



"I don't know if you noticed anything different   
It's getting dark and it's getting cold and the nights are getting long   
I don't know if you even noticed at all   
That I'm long gone baby, I'm long gone 

And the things that keep us apart keep me alive and
The things that keep me alive keep me alone
This is the thing"
The members of Fink are Fin Greenall (vocals and guitar), Guy Whittaker (bass) and Tim Thornton (drums). "This is the thing" is from their 2007 album Distance and Time, and adequately covers the muddle of being true to oneself fully and being with another person.

Fin Greenall's skills as a song writer are evident in Fink's crisp lyrics to the most intense of feelings. Take a look at their latest work “Looking Too Closely”, the first single from the 2014 album by Fink, titled Hard Believer. This song is definitely more lively than "This is the thing", but not as moving as the latter. Here's the video:

"This is a song about somebody else
So don’t worry yourself, worry yourself
The devil’s right there, right there in the details
And you don’t wanna hurt yourself, hurt yourself
By looking too closely"
 

0 comments: