Sam Smith's ♪ Stay With Me

Saturday, July 26, 2014 Of Minds & Mixtapes | Zaheera 0 Comments



A morning-after story: where's the love?
This song is one of those instant classics, and 42 million YouTube views in under three months is testimony to that. I personally love crooners. Put a crooner and a gospel choir together, I’m delighted. I know as a general rule of thumb, a gospel choir could even make a rendition of last week's shopping list sound awesome, let alone the sensitive pondering of a one-night stand, but this ballad stays with you.


"Stay With Me" is a song from British singer-songwriter Sam Smith's debut album In the Lonely Hour, out a few months ago. It climbed to a new spot on the Billboard’s Hot 100 chart at number 3 yesterday, and I’m pretty optimistic that it’ll go up to number 2 if not number 1.
"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?"

0 comments: